Monday, March 28, 2011

Movie Mondaiz: Suckerpunch

This will be a regular routine: Movie reviews every week or whenever I have time to watch a decent movie.


This film could not be more appropriately titled. I was a "suckered" into paying for this movie, and I felt like "punching" the creators of this horrid movie.

To begin, the acting was horrible. The cut-scenes and eccentric beginning is unexplained and is confusing until you watch the last 5 minutes of the movie, which will leave you saying OH I GET IT NOW.

The movie starts with the main character (Baby Doll), acted horribly, being sent off to this twisted mental institution after shooting her sister. The bullet was meant for her step-father, but surprisingly the bullet somehow made its way off of a light and into the sister's chest. There, she meets a group of equally terrible actresses and begins her flights of fantasy. Throughout the whole movie, she maintains the plain and dull look of stupidity.



The constant visions of her obtaining the 4 items to escape are ridiculous and do not even match the movie. If the cut-scenes were removed, I believe this movie would have a lot more value to it.

Just take my advice here; unless you're a confused young women with anger and appearance issues, or a horny 14-year old boy and want to see some clevage and chicks with guns, avoid this movie at all cost. Invest in a lotto ticket, because you have a higher chance of winning than enjoying this movie.

21 comments:

  1. I was going to go see this. Thank you for saving me some money lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice stuff.. great start

    http://weouthereman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good stuff :) following. Check mine out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Movie Monday? I'll be sure to check them all out! Followed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured this was going to be a really bad movie, I'm disappointed all of my friends enjoy it. Wasn't planning on seeing this one but now I'm positive

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, looks like I won't be seeing this one haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes... This guys making the new Superman movie. I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the warning. I won't waste my money on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its very disappointing, I was expecting such great things from this movie.

    Now I just don't know..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, DAMNIT!! I wanted to like this movie! Seriously, the art direction and style looked so bad ass..oh well..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is disappointing but nice blog 1+ follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i so hoped this gonna be good

    well great review will avoid it

    following

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post! love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looking forward for more movie reviews! followed

    ReplyDelete
  15. i realy need to see it :) following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think i'm going to see it anyways, despite bad reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. Errm, after reading this I will avoid this movie at all costs....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I luckily didn't have to pay to see this movie when I saw it, but felt rather underwhelmed and was wishing for those 2 hours of my life back

    ReplyDelete